Behavioral support services include training, supervision, or assistance in:
• Appropriate expression of emotions
• Acquisition of socially appropriate behaviors & social skills
• Stress reduction techniques
• Consultation with family and team members
To meet the needs of each unique individual we serve, behaviorists interact with individuals:
- In their homes
- At their schools (for observation only)
- At their places of employment
- At community places, such as parks, stores, etc.
Behavior Supports is a service designed to assist individuals in their efforts to increase positive behaviors across all settings. Behavior Support Specialists, along with other team members, identify behavioral issues that are hindering an individual from reaching their fullest potential. Once these are identified the specialist then formulates strategies to approach the behavioral issues.